Sunday, December 7, 2008

Contest Day 3: Are we there yet? and a Roster

A few years back, my church women's organization, which is called the Relief Society, sent around a list of names of all the women in the congregation so we could check for correct spelling and addresses, etc. At the top of the page was the heading, Relief Society Rooster. Sometimes typos (spelling errors?) are great fun. My friend and I had a good time with that particular one for a few weeks after. "Who can cock-a-doodle-do-it? The Relief Society can!" You get the idea.


Hoo boy, do we have quite the list of contestants! I'm jumping up and down with glee (in my mind, not physically--that hurts). The more the merrier, I say. Thanks for joining. I hope this thing helps you get through the holidays with a little more sanity and health, not to mention less self-loathing come January.

I compiled the following list of folks who signed up for the contest. If I left you off, it was completely by accident (I can be a flake at times--Sara and I both have fun and alarming stories to tell about that). Please let me know and I'll add you. If I spelled your name wrong or did something else that needs fixing (not in life--just on this list), again, let me know. Feel free to post a comment or send an electronic message to myweightisasecret at symbol g(don't put this space or these words here)mail dot com.

Official Diet Cake Weight Loss Contest Rooster

Holly
Sara
Brandi
Tiffany
Jess
Katy
Stefanie
Amy
Vicky
Melissa
Maureen
Debbie
dcfullest
Stephanie
Kelly
Awkward Turtle
Leila
wowo
Joolee (is that you who e-mailed?)
Heather
Bethy
Anne
Savannah
Renee
Marie
Wendi
John
Rachel
Jeri
Kita
Gina
Patty
Katie
Denise
Rachel
Nancy
Hiroko
Rachel R.
Ash
Raiye
Andrea N.
Tanwon
Kara
EmmaLee
Jenn
Hannah
Christina
Andrea
Cindy
Natalca
Patty W.
Nicholle
Cathy
Stephanie L.
Liligurl
Amanda
Mandy W.
Julie
Amy Lou Who
RosieRider
Chantelle
Julia
Diane

Be warned, now that your name is on the rooster, you are committed. We're not letting you off the hook. Even if you wander down the path of forbidden chocolate Santas and eggnog (3200 calories for a 1/2 gallon of the teetotaler variety), you must return! No giving up. No whining that you can't do it. We'll track you down! (Scared yet?)(Don't be; we're really quite nice.)(But we'll still come find you.)(Plus there are prizes! You can't miss out on prizes!)

Again, if I've left you off the list, butchered your name, or you are one of the folks who share a name with a fellow contestant and want to give us an initial to put after your name (or if you want us to use your real name vs. your handy moniker)(in my opinion, everyone needs a handy moniker), please let me know.

Have a lovely Sunday, and PUT DOWN THE BROWNIES!

14 comments:

Wendi said...

Wow! Look at all the names on the Diet Cake official weight loss roster! I'm highly impressed. And I love the slice o' Diet Cake comment next to the picture of the rooster. And look at all your blog followers. If I were the jealous type, I would be SO jealous. :) Happy dieting to one and all!

Holly said...

Don't be jealous, Wendi. They're just here for the Egyptian cig packets.

Katy Shamitz said...

I am so committed... even turned down baked goods at church today.

Phil & Sami said...

It's true we are really only here for the egyptian cig pack or any other form of egyptian trash! Phil and Sami on the rooster is not completely accurate, it is just me and my real name is Savannah. Although the DH does have a few brownies to lose he is completely comfortable with his friend named "extra 10 pounds". Thanks for the fun little way to stay on track during the holidays!

Amy said...

For all of us newcomers to Diet Cake, can you post about why Sarah lives in Egypt?

I find that all very confusing.

And seriously, my sister has her head in the game.

Holly said...

Katy-I am proud of you for turning down the baked goods. You are already 10 steps ahead of me. I ate pecan bars and brownies today--both baked by me for a family function. My brother made me bake them. And, I assume, he would have made me eat them had I not done so on my own first.
You are a good woman

Savannah-The Rooster has been updated with your name. I am glad your first name is not Phil&Sami. That is far too much punctuation for one person's name. Welcome to the contest!

Amy-Sara is living in Egypt for a variety of reasons, which include but are not limited to:

1)She's not allowed to live here anymore. She made me promise not to say why.
2)She has a flair for the dramatic
3)She is finally obeying The Bangles after all these years and is learning to "Walk Like an Egyptian."
4)Her husband is in the military and is on pyramid duty this year.
So, is your head in the game yet?

Anonymous said...

My kids had been begging me to make sweet and sour chicken and chop suey for weeks. I finally promised them early last week I would, and did today. I'll be running for 3 hours on the treadmill tomorrow. Darn chicken. Darn suey! But, all the lovely comments from those who didn't eat baked goods only increases my appetite to win. Yes, I would love an Egyptian artifact, a mummy perhaps.

Sara said...

Amy, my husband is a Marine, and he's stationed here while he's finishing a training program. Weird, huh? Believe you me, when he joined 10 years ago this is a scenario I would not have been able to predict. (And if I had, I'm not sure I would have let him join!) If you want more details than that, I'd be happy to e-mail you.

Go Katy! Baked goods are my kryptonite, so I am duly impressed.

Hiroko, you're a nicer mom that me; I probably would have told the kids that the store was all out of chop or something :)

mrscampbell said...

How did you know I was eating a brownie ;-).

Actually, I work at an Italian restaraunt and yesterday instead of eating the pizza that they give us for FREE I ordered a salad. I guess that is a start.

Patty

Sara said...

Go Patty! You're tough.

joolee said...

Yes, Joolee was the wimp who emailed her weight instead of posting it for the masses. She would rather die a slow death, cut into a thousand pieces, than expose herself to that kind of humiliation.

Sara said...

That doesn't make you a wimp, Joolee! There was just a spelling variation, and we wanted to make sure we hadn't missed you. Our lips (and e-mail account) are sealed!

Unknown said...

umm...ok, if the prize is a mummy...sweet escape, you can have it...I already have a basset hound and a hubby, don't need anything else to dust around or smell funny :)

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

I have to admit. I ate some cookies. 4 oreos. Dang it! BUT I succeeded at avoiding the EGG NOG at the grocery store today!!